Christian Education & Upcoming Events
- Ladies Morning Bible Study - most Wednesday mornings at 9:30am at the Shannon's house
On November 13, we will start the book Parables: The Mysteries of God's Kingdom Revealed Through the Stories Jesus Told by John MacArthur.
- Adult Sunday Morning Class - most Sunday mornings at 9:30am ~ Currently on break before starting class on Psalms on November 24.
- Children's "Garden" Classes - Sunday mornings, participants head to their programs partway
through the service. Nursery is available year round for little ones three and under. Sprouts Class for
three years old-Kindergarten & Garden Class for 1st grade-up meet most Sunday's during the
school year. Children remain in Worship on Communion Sundays.
- Youth Group (Grades 5 - 12) meets the majority of Sunday evenings during the school year, upstairs in the Activity Room from 6:00 - 7:30. Check out the info on the Youth Group page.
- Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly... Christmas is right around the corner. That means it is almost time to put up the tree and hang the ornaments! We will be doing it completely differently this year. We will not gather on the Saturday morning after Thanksgiving. Instead, we will meet during Youth Group time on that Sunday, December 1 from 6-7:30pm. Everyone is invited to come help us get ready for the season!
- Congregational Meeting
"Without counsel, plans go awry, but in the multitude of counselors they are established." Proverbs 15:22
Mark your calendars and stay for a meeting after Worship on Sunday, December 8. With the ending of an old year and the coming of a new, we will be looking toward the future of the church. Everyone's input is important. Whether you are a member or a friend to Common Ground Church Community, here weekly or occasionally, you are invited to stay and be part of the planning as we move forward. Come grow with us!
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11
- Soup & Baked Potato Bar Luncheon ~ Save the date ~ December 22
Join us for a special luncheon after Worship on December 22 to thank Adam Shank and his family for being a part of our church family. As Adam's job responsibilities have changed and he is taking on more at his home church, Christmas Eve will be his last time as a regular preacher at Common Ground. Help us give the Shanks a happy send-off to show our love and appreciation! We will provide the baked potato bar and all the "fixin's" ~ sign up on the bulletin board to bring your favorite soup and/or Christmas cookies.
Check out the bulletin board in the Great Room for more details.